Has anything ever gone so bad that you wished it was a bad dream and you'll wake up and nothing's changed? Well, it happened to me last week. I suddenly had a butt-itchy feeling to reformat my laptop. Not because it's a cool thing to do, but because my laptop has been acting up these days and I have to press the magic buttons (CTRL-ALT-DEL) duno how many times in an hour just to get the damn thing going.
OK. So I backup all my data into my external hard drive, and reboot with the reinstallation CD. Windows XP Pirated Edition..woohoooo..opps I mean Windows XP Professional Edition. Installation completes, and I immediately notice something amiss.. My data drive partition is gone! oh shit.. i reformated the 2 partitions!! how stupid can i be?? but never mind, I still have backup of my pictures in the external hard drive.
OK so i plug in my external hard drive, and lo and behold.. the unthinkable happens. It feels like being run over by a bicycle, and while you're crawling up onto the sidewalk a semi-trailer hits you head on at 90km/h. All my pictures in both hard drives are now gone, and some very important documents as well. Fortunately I burned the pictures from last years into dvds and kept them in Msia. But those that are taken in the past 2 months are gone, without backup. Sent the external to a shop, and hopefully they are able to recover some or even all the data..
As I reflect on this, I realise how much we nowadays depend on technology and how we're so crippled when we don't have it.. also one very important thing is that.. don't ever trust Western Digital Hard drives!!! hahaha..
May 1 was w.may's 23rd bday. We celebrated for her at a Korean restaurant at Vic Street called Han Guuk Guan.

The chopsticks were quite peculiar. It's flat, so you will need to have supreme skills to be able to use it efficiently.
The beef dish.
Octopus
Deep fried chicken. This is by far the best dish of the night
Group Pic with PH

And finally, a pic of the ancient birthday girl with her cake..