The sound of these red machines roaring down the streets is something quite special. I think driving one of those babies would really make ur balls grow :)
The highlight of course was the sight of a Ferrari Formula One car going full throttle down Lygon St. Before that though, the driver had to ‘familiarise’ himself with the road conditions, and to do that he drove an F430 around the streets.
How many grown men have the privilege of driving an F430 AND a FORMULA ONE CAR ?? I’m sure his balls are twice that of a certain Kenny’s. Hahaha.. Oh yeah, that’s Mark Gene, I think he’s the Ferrari test driver this season.
A Formula One car does not sound like any other Mat Rempit motorcycle or even those souped up Lancer Evos. It’s one hell of a roar, it’s pure energy, it makes you long for more. From my vantage point, I couldn’t see the acceleration but I could hear, from the fading roar of the engine, how fast the car was going. And I reckon it’s pretty damn fast.
The car made 5 laps around the relatively short makeshift course, and finished up with a supreme demonstration of skill by burning some rubber in a drift-spin maneuver. We could really see the smoke coming up from the tire. Hehe..
The Lord Mayor John So was at the event too.. We were seconds away from getting him to pose with us for a photo, but he had to rush off to stage..
Too bad..