Sunday, February 07, 2010, 11:25 PM
let's remember..
hmm.. how long since I last posted? Summer's been great this year, been hanging out mostly with the ocf-ers, the scummers.. I find it good that we have a smaller group in summer, then we get to know the people better and less of a headache when it comes to gatherings and whatnots.

I've moved to a new place in Ascot Vale, and I've been liking it so far. It's not too far from the city, and it takes me about 15 mins to get to work which is a great thing! Let's do a mini recap of what were the highlights of January and early Feb:
- Ocf summer program kicked off.. with a picnic at fitzroy gardens with some live music.. was very pleasant weather too!
- Soccer.. been playing soccer with the ocfers for about a month now.. usually on wed evenings. Pretty much getting the hang of it already.. The thing is, I keep making wrong turns when I drive to South Yarra!
- Tennis Australian Open .. Went on a day pass during the 2nd day of the tournament.. with about 15 ocfers (quite amazed that we actually did it!). we saw a match that lasted 5 hours.. was worth every bit the $20 we paid for it!
- Racquet Sports Day Australia Day.. For the auspicious occasion we played tennis and badminton at Melbourne uni.. very fun.. plus long time haven't played tennis.. had hotpot dinner at footscray after that
- OCF Treasure Hunt.. organised the BBQ along the banks of the Yarra. it was great weather and hopefully the food was enough for everybody.. Oh, and we went to Costco to buy the stuff.. the food court there is super cheap man! We couldn't believe our eyes..
- Yarra Valley road trip.. had a random road trip to the wine region which I've been wanting to do for a long time.. managed to just squeeze in one winery which was Yering Station.. the scenery was quite nice, and we went for wine tasting too!
- Farewell for Brandon .. had dinner at a vietnamese restaurant in footscray, then drinks at pancake parlour at high point. Brandon was quite emo during his farewell speech.. but I found it quite funny..
- Training in Brisbane.. had 2 days of training in Brisbane.. ate like siao..had lone star again.. just simply love the steak there man.. and also the brownies!! super yummy. and I also took a beemer 7 series to the airport! hahaha.. first time in a 7 series.. it was absolutely amazing! felt so out of place in it though.. we had the aurion when we were there.. quite a powerful car.. couldn't change the flight when we ended early on friday afternoon,so we took a cab to the nearest cinema and watched this movie called The Road.. absolutely the crappiest movie I've seen in many years! ahh.. wasted 16 dollars. reached home in melbourne about 10.30pm.. so tired man..

today was the first day of church lunch.. picked peiling up from her place to church in the morning.. the booms at the carpark nearly closed on my car when I was trying to get in!! tryin to be farniii..after church played bball.. was so hot.. everyone was like no mood to play.. after that sent peiling home before going thaila thai for dinner..

ahh.. another work week tomorrow.. i've got friday off though.. hahaha..
 
posted by Jason
Permalink ¤