Monday, August 20, 2007, 10:54 PM
what's up
So what have I been up to?

grace ping's birthday was nice. smashing cake into someone's face is always nice. The dinner at Kum Den was good too, except I wasn't full after coming late. They had a unique way of bringing out the birthday cake, where they play the birthday song on the P.A as the cake's being brought up. No need for us to sing. And grace claimed it was the nicest bday song she's ever heard. hahaa

Saturday morning was spent cooking, then rushing off to the lab getting a presentation done, before rushing back for ocf e-nite. good food, good company, good message and good laughs on a saturday evening. Went to gym with ph after that. After many a days without gb here, I've lost the passion for going to they gym. Everyone needs motivation I guess.

Skipped church on Sunday to watch cartoons. hahaha.. yeah that'll be me if I was 15, but I really did skip church to do work in the lab, and participate in the University OpenDay. Was just sitting around doing project work while curious onlookers came by to ask questions. It was pretty quiet where I was stationed though. Good thing.



Was just thinking.. I did take up mechanical engineering because I really was inspired by the 'coolness' factor in mech engineering - cars, machines, engines, weapons... 4 years down the road, I think I've lost some of that sense of wonder or awe that engineering seems to pose initially. Probably swallowed up by terribly complex maths and incessant assignments. I'm still passionate abt mech engineering though.. well maybe just with an awareness that it's not just all pretty cars and loud engines.. but lots of maths and hard thinking!! In the end I think this is the only path that I'm able to do well at.. not arts. not law. not commerce. and definitely not medicine.

So what do we get after sitting around all day?


I think it's one of the nicest vouchers or slips of paper I've come across. Printed on gold paper some more. Definitely much nicer than the ocf convention ball ticket. hahaha..

Had industrial mentor meeting today which went not bad. Quite a relief.. And I'm feeling lazy again.
 
posted by Jason
Permalink ¤