I’ve not been updating for so long I wonder if I should just ignore that the last 2 weeks ever happened, for indeed I do feel that way.. But I guess for all my fans’ sake, I shall just write something..
Last week supervisor started giving a real task to me, and I’m quite happy with it because I’ve not been doing much except following the other engineers around to the lab for testing and stuff. Of course, I’ll be busier but I think it’s what I came here for which is to learn something. Indeed very thankful that I have not too bad colleagues who are willing to help all the time eventhough they seem super busy.
OK let’s see what I remember.. There was this Technical Symposium on 20th Dec which was held at Equatorial Hotel, which is like one of the poshest hotels in Penang. First time I’ve been to such an event where there were around 1000 engineers sharing their knowledge.. hahaha.. of course the main highlight were the ladies dressing up for the day. Did I mention that Motorola has the ugliest looking uniform I’ve ever seen?? I shall not post the picture of me wearing it for fear of being laughed at. Yes. That’s how BAD it is. So you can understand why the ladies dress up..hahaha.
Thurday, nothing much, then Friday, last day of work.. for lunch we went to Bukit Jambul where they had this famous nasi lemak…whoaaa.. first time I’ve eaten quality nasi lemak since coming back from Melbourne.. lol. But it was quite expensive though..
Then dinner, colleagues and I headed to Gurney where we had a posh dinner. Felt so paiseh bcoz boss treated me, the trainee… and he didn’t treat the rest!! LOL.. damn paiseh lar… after dinner the rest of my colleagues went to watch the stupid Jay Chou movie while I walked around Gurney aimlessly ( and of course feasting my eyes ). I couldn’t watch with them bcoz they got the tickets earlier and didn’t include me.. hahaha.. anyways fortunately didn’t watch becoz they said it was nothing spectacular except for the ladies’ boobs almost spilling out from their costumes. LOL
On Saturday morning, I took the early bus to KL. After 4 + hours in the bus, I reached KL and while waiting for ph to pick me up from pudu, I bumped into Ivan!! Wahlao..wat a coincidence man.. very glad to bump into him and catch up. After that, ph picked me and we went to his ex-sec school to park his car and went to chee cheong kai to have lunch. Thereafter we proceeded to Midvalley where we spent 1 freaking hour trying to park the damn car!! Dunno if it’s ph’s lack of skill or bcoz our lady luck had a full-blown PMS that day. After parking ph’s stupid car, we met with the OCF gang at Starbucks.. Attendance: Vivienne,Juwen,pinghan,yokeling,percy,Kelvin,tohsin,pang, latecomer dot and I. very nice to see them all…spent about 2 hrs sitting there chatting. After that, I went back to sister’s place in Kelana Jaya. The stupid LRT HAS to break down when I’m in a hurry to get back>> had to wait about 30 minutes for the LRT to arrive. Dammnittttt..
I finally reached sister’s house and brother was also there. She was still having a bad jetlag from the flight so we just went to the mamak stall for dinner. Chatted for a while after that before we went to bed. The next morning, we went to have Sarawak laksa for breakfast at this stall in taman megah. My first time eating Sarawak laksa in a year, but this one didn’t taste so good. And damn expensive ripoff some more. Anyways, after that we went to the Curve and bro used the internet at starbucks to check some stuff while we went shopping around. Near to lunch time, we headed to KLIA to pick mum up from the airport. One hour of driving.grrr… then for dinner we went to this place in Centerpoint which has western food. Damn ripoff again.. we had a steak for rm35 which tasted like rubber, and some spaghetti marinara which tasted like it just came off the pre-prepared packet. Daymnnn…
Christmas day came and I had to go back to penang becoz of work on Boxing Day. Traveling on a bus for 4 hrs on Christmas Day.. a bit depressing I thought at first but actually not as bad as I thought.. Gave me time to think, and indeed thinking back of what has happened throughout this year, I have so many things to thank God for. Well let’s leave that to another post.. hahah..
So that’s how I spent my previous week and Christmas weekend… Hope you all enjoyed yours